A wonderful view of the now sadly lost Ocean Terminal that gave a real touch of trans-Atlantic glamour in the years when liners were the way to travel. The terminal opened on 31 July 1950 and allowed easy transit between liners and direct trains to London Waterloo – in almost airport like facilities. The Terminal was demolished in 1988.
Seen here is one of the ‘regulars’ – the Cunard liner "Queen Elizabeth".
Image and text found on Adventures of the Blackgang